Eligibility Criteria + Application
The Sarasota Architectural Foundation’s (SAF) Paul Rudolph Scholarship provides financial assistance to students enrolled in either a Bachelor of Architecture program or Masters of Architecture program. $5,000.00 is awarded to a student enrolled in a NAAB-accredited professional degree (5-year BA or BA + MA) in architecture.
The 2020 application deadline will be announced here and will be sometime in May 2020 and scholarship recipients will be announced in June 2020.
The Sarasota Architectural Foundation (SAF) – Paul Rudolph Scholarship (funded by the Michael Kalman Foundation and the Sarasota Architectural Foundation of Sarasota, Florida) provides financial assistance to students enrolling or enrolled in a NAAB-accredited professional degree (5-year BA or BA + MA) in architecture.
Eligibility for Students in Architecture:
- Applicant is a graduate of a Sarasota, Manatee, Pinellas, Hillsborough, Charlotte, Lee, or Collier County, Florida Public High School
- Applicant is enrolled in a NAAB-accredited professional degree (5-year BA or BA + MA) in architecture
- Applicant is in need of financial assistance
- Applicant demonstrates academic excellence and outstanding (*WHAT?)
The following is required from each candidate:
- Official high school or college transcript through the last grading period prior to date of application.
- Two letters of recommendation from high school or architecture faculty.
- A personal statement, 1–2 pages, detailing your interests (activities, honors, volunteer work), career plans related to architecture and your need for financial assistance.
- Financial statement (form will be provided)
- Freehand drawing on an 8” x 11” page depicting any subject, cannot be computer-aided.
- Digital portfolio of student work, 2 to 3 projects, may be submitted in PDF format, maximum size 20MB. The preferred size is 8” x 11” (11” x 14” maximum). Portfolios must be clearly marked with applicants contact information, project date, site, concept and short narrative about the project.
- The digital portfolio, on CD, DVD or flash drive, may be mailed to: 2019 SAF – Paul Rudolph Scholarship, PO Box 2911, Sarasota, FL 34230 or dropbox/emailed to info@SAF-SRQ.org
The scholarship awards are based on financial need, grades, personal statement, letters of recommendation and quality of student work.
• $5,000.00 award to a student enrolled in a NAAB
accredited professional degree (5-year BA or BA + MA) in architecture.
The scholarship recipients will be announced June 17, 2019.
The Sarasota Architectural Foundation (SAF) has sole authority to grant the scholarship. Applications are evaluated by members of the SAF – Paul Rudolph Scholarship Committee and SAF’s Board of Directors. The recipients are selected primarily on the basis of financial need, are graduates of a Sarasota, Manatee, Pinellas, Hillsborough, Charlotte, Lee, or Collier County, Florida Public High School as well as on the strength of the recommendations, academic performance, personal statement and quality of student work.
All selections are final. Applications, artwork and attachments become the property of SAF.